Thursday, October 13, 2011

BLOG #4 GOD FAMILY COUNTRY

There was an interesting piece in the Columbia SC THE STATE newspaper (October 9, 2011) by Kathleen Parker, Washington Post Writers Group, entitled PALIN SAYS NO -- FINALLY. Ms. Parker, known for her "perceptive, often witty columns", used her "wit" to ridicule Palin's dependence in relying  on God's guidance in the decision not to seek the GOP nomination for president. It would seem to me that seeking God's guidance on most any important issue (or unimportant for that matter), would be a good idea for anyone, especially a politician! 
Recently I wrote an OPED piece, which I sent to the Brevard NC The Transylvania Times (TTT),  entitled GOD, GOVERNMENT & POLITICIANS. This article pointed out how several of the candidates running for the GOP presidential nomination were being criticized for "wearing their faith on their sleeve." To my way of thinking this was a good thing and I will take this into account when I am considering who I will vote for. One who confesses his/her faith and beliefs and lives up to them, establishes his/her character. Palin and her husband Todd's decision priorities - God, family and country - as pointed out in Ms. Parker article, eems to be the way to go. What say you? 
By the way, the TTT has yet to publish my article. I think there has been a LOT of changes in their editorial policies since Publisher Stella Trapp has been incapacitated and unable to influence the "fair & balanced" policy in the past. I miss you Stella!

No comments:

Post a Comment